They say, you’ll know a true New Yorker when you walk into their home. Their sophisticated yet understated street style reflects on the interiors of their pads, that’s why Brooklyn homes have a reputation for having cool and raw home style while maintaining a homely, lived-in vibe.
Here’s how you can channel that quirky-cool New York style in your own home:
1. BECKHAM SOFA from Westelm – $699
Sleek and comfortable, this sofa will have you lounging all day in pajamas
2. ‘HOT DUDES READING’ COFFEE TABLE BOOK from Simon and Schuster – $15
Get a glimpse of a day in New York with this coffee table book that’ll make you thirsty for its namesake, hot dudes reading.
3. ‘PAY PHONE’ WALL PHONE from Crosley Radio – $70
Add character to your home with this retro wall phone that doubles as a coin bank.
4. HUDSON’S BAY WOOL BLANKET from Woolrich – $495
Channel your inner old soul with a wool blanket inspired by history.
5. RUSTIC LIVING RUG from Anthropologie – $198
Take your home style a notch up with a faux fur rug that screams sophistication and class.
6. BROOKLYN MODERN RUSTIC RECLAIMED WOOD DINING TABLE from Urban Wood Goods – $795
Give unique, handcrafted woodwork a try and add this rustic dining table to your home.
7. FRAMEWORK BOOKCASE from Crate and Barell – $699
Got a small place? This bookshelf can double as a room divider to give you a little privacy while giving you space to display your collection.
8. PEG COAT RACK from Crate and Barrel – $100
Complete your New York home look with a coat rack to hold your jackets and hats.
Your home is a reflection of your personality, so make sure to style and tidy it accordingly. If you’re having a hard time with the upkeep of your favorite leather furniture, just bring them over to Doctor Leather for cleaning, repair or restoration! We’ll surely make it look good as new, just the way you like it.